Thursday, May 22, 2008

Upside Down...Finally

I had my 36 week check up today and I have great news! The baby has finally turned! She is head down and ready to go! Baby is right on schedule to arrive around June 21st. I am 50% effaced but not dilated at all. The doctor thinks that she is about 5 1/2 pounds. Her heartbeat is a strong 144 beats per minute.

Over the last week or so I have started to swell. I can no longer wear my wedding ring and I don't really have ankles at the end of the day! :) I get tired more frequently and am finding that I don't have the energy that I did during the 2nd trimester. I have given up on getting a full nights sleep as well. Between the heartburn, indigestion, and getting up to go to the bathroom at least three times a night, I manage to get a steady two hours of sleep at a time. I figure this is just preparation for long late nights with a newborn baby.

We have a good start on the baby's room. The crib and dresser are assembled and in their place. Of course there is plenty of laundry to do. We have a ton of baby clothes and blankets - thanks to all of our wonderful friends and family. I still need to decorate the walls and find a rug and curtains for the room. I will post pictures of the bedroom and baby bedding soon.

Things are winding down for us. We are only a few weeks away from meeting our little girl. I am excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time! I know that God is in control and that everything will work out just as he has planned. :)

No comments: